From book “Pro ASP.NET MVC Framework”:
Chapter1: What’s the big idea?
ASP.NET MVC is designed to tackle the specific shortcomings of traditional ASP .NET WebForms, but this time by trying to emphasize simplicity.
WebForms is a giant abstraction layer aimed to deliver a classic event-driven GUI over the Web.
- Page life cycle
- Limited control over HTML
- False sense of separation of concerns
Key benefits of ASP.NET MVC:
- Model-View-Controller Architecture
- Tight Control over HTML
- Powerful New Routing System
- Built on the Best Parts of the ASP.NET Platform
- .NET 3.5 Language Innovations
- ASP.NET MVC Is Open Source